What really is an influencer trip anyway? I get to fly to someplace cool & exciting and share it with my readers and followers.... Most people enjoy it. Some people love it, others will engage a bit, others will be less impressed. Why? Pretty much because everyone wants to see something different, wants to travel for different reasons and sees beauty in their own passion. Adventure is always subjective to the embarked traveler ;)
As travel influencers, media, bloggers, personalities, no matter what form you come in, we will always have our own spin on travel. I've traveled with other media before and we have all produced completely different content. So let's think of it this way, if everyone has a great suggestion of what they want to see, pooling all the ideas and content together will give the best result to cater to your audience. Like your average.... So I figured... why not redefine the criteria of your typical influencer trip, and this is where my awesome partner Porter Airlines comes into play!
We both saw that travel bloggers travel around and explore the next thing to share. But at the end of the day, we do it to provide all of you with the best information and content we can. Many of you already have ideas of what you want to see, so why not come up with a follower curated trip..... and so here we are doing exactly that.
I am so excited to announce that this week I get to hit the runway and take off with @porterairlines for this awesome project! We are flying to Chicago Illinois, but we don't want to just provide you with more content. We want to change the way followers experience influencer trips. So now we're asking all of you to curate my travel itinerary. We're posting specific questions to curate the perfect itinerary for my travel. Everyday a question will be posted on my Facebook and Porter Airlines Facebook and Twitter to get the answers to help fuel our adventure engines. But first....
Make sure you are following the instagrams of me @samanthaecutler (live travel shots) , Porter @porterairlines (trip take-over) , hotel partner @fairmonthotels and of course my Snapchat account UN: samanthaecutler where the real time action will be taking place.
I'll be in Chicago from June 23-26th so follow along on the hashtag #flyporterwiths and share any types of comments along the way!
And here below is a sneak peak at the questions well be posting leading up to take off! Because you guys are getting a first look on the blog, I'll be doing a major travel goodies giveaway to someone who comments with some great ideas here on this post. You must be following my instagram to win! You will win the below Nunuco Design Comaony passport holder, travel notebook and travel phone case for Iphone6/6s !!
- "Let's get right to the point, Chicago is a foodie city! What type of restaurants do you want to visit in Chicago and do you have any recommendations for me?" -@samanthaecutler
2. "Millennium Park, Oak Street Beach, Navy Pier, or The Farmers Market? Which one of these places should I enjoy next Saturday?" -@samanthaecutler
3. "Do you want to know what it’s like in the cockpit of a Porter plane? Well me too! Just say yes and I'll give you for a sneak peek on my way to Chicago!" -@samanthaecutler
4. "I love to stay fit, fresh and healthy while traveling. What services do you want to try out in Chicago? Manicure bars, blowout services, pop in gyms? Let me know and I'll visit some of the best in the city." -@samanthaecutler
5. "Where can I find great street art in Chicago? Tell me your favourite spots and I'll snap a pic of my fave with a shout out to YOU!" -@samanthaecutler
6. "I love adventure! Every time I travel I ask locals what their favourite pass time is. What activities have you heard of or experienced in Chicago that I should check out?" -@samanthaecutler
Cant wait to hear your suggestions and to share my adventures with all of you!