Okay I love my weekend getaways... 4-5 days in a city where I get to explore, work, shoot, network is my kind of perfection. I try and do this once a month. I definitely want to work on fitting in more of these in 2017. I have my first one coming up as I head to Palm Springs, California tomorrow. I'm going to cover the Palm Springs International Film Festival but I'm also going to be checking out what's the trend in west coast dessert health habits.
I have a little ritual before I go away. When you're in a foreign place you want to look your best and also feel confident. That's the biggest part! So I have a little pre get away ritual I love to follow. It includes a few beauty tricks and some speedy detox methods. It usually boost my mood and confidence to send me off in style. Here are my tricks.
- Drink double the amount of water you normally would the three days before you good. I don't suggest making over hydration a habit, but I always double up my water intake right before a trip. It'll flush your system, clear your skin and keep your energy levels high. Little warning, you may be running to the bathroom every hour so keep that in mind.
- Don't drink alcohol for 3-5 days before you leave. If you can stay away from the boozing you'll clean out your system DEPUFF (my fave) and feel recharged. It'll also allow you to get in the habit of drinking less on your trip. You never ever want to over drink while traveling and certainly not if you'll be alone.
- If you do, don't drink the night before a flight. You'll feel bloated and puffy. Probably more hungry than you want to be when you wake up for your flight and depending how much you pushed it maybe even hungover. Starting a trip on the wrong foot is terrible especially when you only have a few days to take advantage of the city.
- Face mask, eye mask, lip mask, hair mask the whole nine yards. Seriously. Nurture. Moisturize. Love yourself. Care for your bod. While you're away you may not have time to do so. Use a night mask the night before you take off. You'll sparkle on your flight and you never know who might be there.
- Get a spray tan! This is one of the best tips before going away. Especially if it's a warm city. You won't have time to tan because you may be working and running around, but you certainly won't stand out as the glowing ghost from the north. I am a big fan of Wonderblush in Montreal for sprays!
- Do your lashes for minimal make up and upkeep as you travel. Again my one stop shop Wonderblush is my lash go to! They are awesome long, full and keep for my travels.
- Make outfits a few days before you know you'll be motivated to wear. This is fun because it'll keep you eating and active until the day you leave.
- Take probiotics before you head out and while traveling. I love these daily ones from Renew Life, they travel well and will keep your immune system in check with all the travel bacterias you'll be exposed to.
What are your pre travel habits and tips?