I tested out a new flavour from Vital Proteins, the Chocolate Blackberry collagen peptide and it was amazing. Right away I knew it was going into a raw ball mix because the flavours were perfect for an energy boosting snack.
Collagen has so many benefits which is why I am always trying to sneak in Vital Proteins where ever I can.
Some of my fave benefits are:
1. Keeps you full
2. Weight Loss; cravings under control!
3. Stronger Bodies; cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bones!
4. Fewer Wrinkles and Fine Lines; increases moisture and helps fill out the skin.
5. Promotes Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails.
6. Better Digestion since the digestive track is made up of the same amino acids we find in collagen!
7. Collagen helps to add back into the body what has been stripped by mass food production!
Here is the recipe I put together and hope you enjoy!
I took the following ingredients and blended it all together in a food processor. Rolled them into balls and then rolled in a mix of the drinking chocolate and coconut.
1 cup of dates
1.5 scoops of Vital Proteins's chocolate blackberry collagen peptides
1/2 cup of fresh blackberries
1 tbsp pf Drinking Chocolate
1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup ground flax